Monday 27 August 2012

Too slow? By Sarah

I don't really mean to rant ALL the time but....  Today we had a family outing to Westonbirt Arboretum for Treefest.  It was lovely - really lovely (see, I'm not ranting yet...)  I offered to get the four of us coffees, so I queued up at the best looking place.  There was a bit of a queue.  I wanted a black filter coffee, an Americano, a cappuccino and a hot chocolate.  And I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  I heard one of the staff say 'The hot chocolate takes a few minutes is that OK?' while I was waiting.  And I waited a bit more.  If it had just been me I'd have given up, but as I'd said I'd get all the coffees I waited.  By the time it was my turn my list of 'a black filter coffee, an Americano, a cappuccino and a hot chocolate' had shrunk to 'one black coffee, two white coffees and a bottle of water please'.  In the time I'd been waiting Guy had walked several hundred yards back to the car, collected the dogs, walked them round a bit and made his way back.  He thought his coffee would be stone cold and it wasn't even ready when he came back. It was lovely when we eventually got it (and my water was very nice thank you) but I reckon they did themselves out of at least £4 by being so slow....  Or am I just turning into a crabby old bat??

No comments:

Post a Comment